About Grow My GRIT in Oakville, ON
Meet the founder of our consulting group and get to know more about Grow My GRIT in the Greater Toronto Area. Hazlon (Haze) Schepmyer is an intuitive, strengths-focused consultant who has spent the last 30 years encouraging people of all ages at all stages to assess, develop, implement, and celebrate their GRIT. She launched Gritty Guru Company to make her unique approach to self-discovery available to even more individuals who want to explore their options for change at work, home, rest or play.
Meet Our Lead Consultant
Growing up, Haze’s academic and civic pursuits, as well as her time playing football and field hockey, provided countless opportunities to find her GRIT.
In the workplace, her tenure as a Project Manager with a focus on Learning and Development heavily influenced her approach to honing her GRIT.
Each experience allowed her to gather a novel perspective on how people define their individual GRIT in addition to the resources and insight people need to believe in and implement their GRIT.
Photo Courtesy of Ron Clifford
A Track Record of Experience
While Haze’s most valuable training has happened one conversation at a time outside of the classroom, her undergraduate study is in Psychology, and her graduate degree is in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Management. Haze has honed her GRIT in various settings over the last three decades and developed her unique approach to personal growth.
Her résumé of professional employment and academic study includes time as a:
A few of her other accomplishments include:
- Academic, Athletic and Citizenship Letters at Lorne Park Secondary School
- Wilton Award (1995) for overall contribution to extra-curricular activities at Lorne Park
- Golden Key National Honour Society (lifetime member since 1997)
- UTM Principal’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Quality of Student Life (1999)
- UTM Student Recognition Award of Achievement (1999, 2000)
- Mayor of Mississauga’s Outstanding Youth Award (2000)
- UTM Outstanding Volunteer of the Year (2000)
- U of T Arbor Award for outstanding voluntary service to the university community (2005)
- UTM inaugural Top Alumni Award recognizing the 40 most outstanding alumni (2007)
- Valedictorian, UTM (2000)
- Vice-President of Many Hands, Doing Good
Contact us today for more details about Grow My GRIT and the opportunities that await you. We proudly serve individuals in the Greater Toronto Area through our offices in Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto, Scarborough, North York, and Vaughan.